|Learning French at Alliance Française de Dhaka will give you access to the French National Diplomas. According to your level in French and your leisure time, you can join any of the following classes in one of our 3 branches.
Our classes are offered to different age groups:
Adults: Above 16 years old
Teenagers: 13 to 15 years old
Children: From 9 to 11 years old
* Not applicable for DELF (Diplôme d'études en langue française)
- By enrolling at Alliance Française de Dhaka (AFD), a student contractually agrees to abide by its rules and regulations. AFD reserves the right to revise them at any time.
- Admission is provided on a first come, first served basis. Only payment secures admission.
- A new student seeking admission in any levels other than A1.1 or resuming after a break of more than two consecutive sessions has to take a placement test to be assigned the right class level, except when a six-month-old proof of standardised proficiency is provided.
- Apart from provable exceptional circumstances, postponing admission from current session to upcoming session is not possible.
- Shifting from one class to another can be allowed only once, before the commencement of the class and upon availability of seats in the requested class. Fees may be adjusted.
- All timings, fees and regulations of the classes are subject to change without any prior notices. AFD reserves the right to divide, combine or cancel any classes.
- Refunding of course fee can only be claimed till three days before the commencement of the class. AFD reserves the right to evaluate the given reason and render a final decision. An administrative fee of BDT 500 is charged.
- A full refund is allowed if the particular class is cancelled due to insufficient number of students or for any official reasons. Any kinds of refund cannot be claimed after six months from the date of payment.
- Late-admission to a particular class can be possible only if no more than two classes have been conducted. A late-registration fee of BDT 500 is applicable.
- A student can enrol for the succeeding session before the publication of the end-of-session (fin session, FS) test result. Should s/he fails in the FS test, the student gets 50% discount for redoing the failed class*, or takes a full refund if not redoing the class. Student who did not finish all parts of the test cannot avail this.
- AFD offers a scholarship to any students scoring 95% or higher at the FS test to be enrolled on the consecutive session: 50% discount on extensive or 25% on intensive courses.*
- General Rules
- Books once delivered are not returnable or refundable. Only original textbooks can be utilised by the students (photocopied books are not allowed).
- A student needs to carry his/her AFD ID card. This card can be reissued with a payment of BDT 100.
- Every student needs a minimum attendance of 50% for taking the FS test. If attendance is between 20% and 49%, the student will be charged an additional BDT 1,000 for taking the test. Under 20% attendance, s/he cannot take the FS test.
- No replacement class is provided if a student misses any classes.
- Should the administration cancel a class, it will be replaced within the same period.
- In serious circumstances of misbehaviour, AFD reserves the right to expel a student or client from its courses and premises. AFD will inform the student and/or the guardian in writing.
- For any payments, only cash deposit at Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC† (a/c: Alliance Française de Dhaka, a/c no. 1140632000) is accepted. The client has to write his/her AFD ID number on the deposit slip. If payment is not made within five consecutive working days, AFD reserves the right to cancel the registration.
- In case of claiming refund and/or at the time of picking up the textbooks, the client has to submit the two original copies of the bank deposit slip to AFD. In case of evening banking or Friday/Saturday deposit services being used, the only original copy of the bank deposit slip is to be submitted.
- Every student has to pass all the tests in order to be admitted to the next session/level.
- Assessment consists of a compulsory mid-session project work or test and an end-of-session (fin session, FS) test. The student must complete the non-retakable project work or mid-session test before the FS test.
- Retaking the FS test is conditionally available for a limited period of time to any students missing the test (about 10 days before the subsequent session).
- Any holder of a DELF certificate cannot sit again for the same DELF level. If assigned a lower class level, in provision of article 1.3, s/he has to take the FS test, not DELF.
- If a student is found to be withholding information about his/her preceding unsuccessful result, AFD reserves the right to cancel his/her admission without any reimbursements.
† Dhanmondi, Uttara and Gulshan branches only
For more information:
Faizul Kabir Chowdhury
Education Administrative Officer
(French Courses and Examinations)
Alliance Française de Dhaka
26 Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi
Dhaka 1205, Bangladesh
Mobile: +88 01678 086 442