|Learning French at Alliance Française de Dhaka will give you access to the French National Diplomas. According to your level in French and your leisure time, you can join any of the following classes in one of our 3 branches.
Our classes are offered to different age groups:
Adults: Above 16 years old
Teenagers: 13 to 15 years old
Children: From 9 to 11 years old
- Policy of Admission
- By enrolling at Alliance Française de Dhaka, each student contractually agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of Alliance Française de Dhaka.
- Admission is provided on a first-come-first-serve basis. As long as the payment is not registered, there is no guarantee of any seats.
- A new student seeking admission in any levels other than A1.1 with no recent proof of proficiency in French or resuming after a recess of more than 2 consecutive sessions (or 6 months after a DELF examination) will have to sit for a placement test to assign him/her at the appropriate class level.
- Apart from proven exceptional circumstances, postponing admission from current session to upcoming session is not possible.
- Shifting from one class to another can be allowed only once, before the commencement of the particular class and upon availability of seats in the requested class. Adjustment of fees may be necessary.
- All timings, fees and regulations of the classes are subject to change without any prior notices. AFD reserves the right to divide, combine or cancel any classes, should it be deemed necessary.
- Refunding of course fee is not possible later than 3 days before the commencement of the particular class. AFD reserves the right to evaluate the given reason and render a final decision. An administrative fee of BDT 500 will be deducted from the refunded course fee.
- Full refund is allowed if the particular class is cancelled due to an insufficient number of students or due to any other official reasons. Any kinds of refund cannot be claimed after 6 months from the date of payment.
- A student may get late-admission to a particular class only if no more than 2 classes have been conducted. An extra late-registration fee of BDT 500 will be charged.
- Student can enrol for a particular session before the publication of the end-of-session examination result. If subsequently, he/she fails the end-of-session examination, the student can get a 50% discount for redoing the failed session, or take the full refund if he/she decides not to redo the class. Any students not completing all parts of the examination cannot avail this facility. The facility to get a 50% discount for redoing the failed session does not apply to DELF (Diplôme d'études en langue française) examinees.
- General Rules
- Books once sold are not returnable or refundable. Only original textbooks can be utilised by the students (photocopied books are not allowed).
- A student needs to carry his/her AFD ID card. This card can be reissued with a payment of BDT 100.
- Every student needs a minimum attendance of 50% for taking the end-of-session examination. A student whose attendance is between 20% and 49% needs to make an additional payment of BDT 1,000 for taking the examination. Student whose attendance is below 20% cannot sit for the end-of-session examination.
- No replacement class will be provided if a student misses any classes (in cases like late-registration, absence, etc.)
- Should the administration cancel a class, it will be replaced within the same period.
- In serious circumstances of misbehaviour, AFD reserves the right to expel a student or client from its courses and premises. Alliance Française de Dhaka will inform the student and the guardian(s) in writing.
- Cash is not accepted for any kinds of payment. Only deposit at the specified bank is accepted. If payment is not made within 3 (three) consecutive working days, AFD reserves the right to cancel the registration of the defaulter student. Deposit must be made at the Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC as per the following reference– account name: Alliance Française de Dhaka, account number: 1140632000.
- Rules of Assessment
- Every student has to pass all the examinations in order to be admitted to the next session/level.
- Assessment consists of end-of-session examination and a compulsory mid-session project work or examination. A student must complete his/her project work (or mid-session examination) before the end-of-session final examination. He/she cannot re-do project work (or mid-session examination). Modalities of project work are discussed with the teacher of the class.
- The facility to re-take the end-of-session examination is conditionally available to any students missing this final examination. This facility is available for a limited period of time– just in the time between the end of a particular session and the commencement of the succeeding session (approximately 10 days).
- If a student is proved to be withholding information about his/her preceding unsuccessful result, AFD reserves the right to cancel the student’s admission without any reimbursements.
For more information:
Faizul Kabir Chowdhury
Course and Exam Coordinator (Pedagogy)
Alliance Française de Dhaka
26, Mirpur Road, Dhanmondi.
Cellular +88 01678 086 442